Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ATLCityLife
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
HBCU
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Its Poetic: The Journey

Posted by Epiphanies808s On 2:53 PM

Recently me and a lot of people close to me have been going through some hard times and we haven't had much time to help with each others problems because of our own individual journeys. My best friend, who was also the inspiration for the "I Am Ambition" poem that is posted to the main page, ask me to write a poem about staying strong in the mist of adversity. I feel like this piece is universally relate-able so here is something to keep you all going during your personal journeys enjoy :-)

The Journey

Align Center

Blocking out all images of defeat

Focusing on overcoming the obstacles that tempt me to retreat

I have to want it more than I fear it

I have to breed positivity more than just when I hear it

Must become something within myself greater than my current state

Because progressing in the mist a storm makes you change in ways

Taking on the form or an individual pulling strength from my soul

Because everything that’s helping me go on is within me

More than just sought out glory, but a story

One that will only be told if I succeed

The eager need to go on is driving me

Almost like a hunger pain and the only way I’ll make it

Is if I feed on the feeling of conquering

I am as strong as they come yet this is testing my will

At moments I am still not sure if I can go on

Yet Adversaries’, obstacles, and Opposition

Are no match for Faith, drive, and perseverance

I know greatness is near me so I cling to the Adherence

Of all things meant for me

Even when my back is against the wall of concrete difficulty

I some how still find a way to endure a little longer

Remain a little stronger

And those are the moments that drive me

When I’m blinded by things trying to derive me

I must focus on the future and what I see

Because what’s meant for me, is simply meant for me.













0 comments

Post a Comment

;