Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ATLCityLife
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
HBCU
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Its Poetic: Flying

Posted by Epiphanies808s On 1:51 AM

A few people emailed me saying how much they enjoyed the poem that is permanently posted to the side of the blog titled "Ambition" I haven't posted much under the Its Poetic section so here is a poem a wrote a while ago. Look for some videos and poems of other poets that I enjoy to be posted soon.

FLYING



I am not a prisoner of my past
I won't let a dark shadow be cast upon me
surround myself with glass you can see right through me
inside a soul fighting to be free
I tell myself the negative won't effect me
but instead focus on others and neglect me
although everything taught me to respect me
the impact is like veins in my heart
can't separate them or tare them apart
intertwined like vines
i was once a broken soul, a dark cloud, a shadow, in nothing but despair
then my soul rose like the night air and I took flight
took flight into a sky of dreams
a sky of hopes, and all things beautiful in-between
the past is still trying to clip my wings
but I still continue you to fly it seems
I am a spirit of many secrets
locked away in my closet are some skeletons
that would melt my strength like jelly-ton
but that doesn't seem to slow me down
check my surrounds I'm still elevating, still accelerating
until I reach the best possible me that I see
wings sometimes restless from fighting the debris pulling me down
but I refuse to let myself touch the ground
let the rain pour, here comes snow, sleet, and hail
put me through hell yet I will not fail
I will not be conquered, monitor my motions
I bypass oceans, mountains, trees, nothing will stop me
I am the creation of a God that is exalted
he didn't make me faulted my progress you can't halt it
I am not a victim but the victor, survived all the rigor
and then something more beautiful and passionate was what I was given
my past does not own me
so this is an open invitation to try and diabolically destroy me
is their anyone with the inclination that my destiny won't come to be?
because happiness is my destiny and soon I can rest my wings
because one day i decided not to play the victim
instead I would use my vision to make my success and happiness absolute
and now I'm flying to the highest altitude

by: Lady KaSh

0 comments

Post a Comment

;