Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ATLCityLife
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
HBCU
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Journey to Blogging

Posted by Epiphanies808s On 4:54 PM

Its amazing how this thing started with a simple question. In my Introduction to Mass Communications class a year ago my professor was describing blogs and asked did any of us have one. Naturally for some reason I felt the inclination to answer the question with a yes. Id thought of the idea of having one before but it was never a solid initiative. Out of the entire class of my fellow Mass Comm. Majors, one person raised their hand. Nicole, sitting in the left corner of the room she spoke casually as if someone had asked Does anyone have a pencil I could borrow? Yes I have a blog, Ive had it for about a year now. Its more so my personal thoughts mixed in with fashion etc. and that was it. That was all that was said yet it sparked an unshakable curiosity in me to look more into this. When I got home I clicked on her Facebook page and sure enough there was a link to her Blog:

www.niksogoldienox.blogspot.com
. I became inspired and intrigued, personal thoughts with a mix of poetry and eye catching images with the perspective of an individual are things I appreciate. Her blog was full of them. Random words, moments, and internal thoughts that was relatable to readers. That was when I decided. I made my mind up that I would create a blog. Procrastination got the better of me and this blog of mine continued to sound more like an idea than something I was going to make happen.

Then I started tweeting, after joining twitter I realized 140 characters just wasnt enough for me to get my thoughts and points across. I have a mind that is forever wondering about something, wanting to speak about something, and is always evolving from the discovery of a new epiphany. I needed a way to share my interest, my thoughts, and a way for everyone else to relate or at least get them thinking. To introduce them to things that generated even a moment of my attention. So I got my ideas together and I started telling everyone about my blog. I spoke more avidly to those that I know have a shared interest in writing as me and I began to feel that people where anticipating it. I was getting excited and it turned into something more.
I reached out to friends who are equally as ambitious as me to help with the blog. Then it turned into a full blow website! Something like a mini magazine to me. It is my dream to be the editor of my own magazine one day. Then my friends began telling me how they wanted to start their own blogs or how they wanted to enhance the ones they already currently had. Reading a quote that is posted in my room, I had an epiphany.

This wave of events was all a part of our nature as humans, our fears, and our dreams. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us, I could have started the blog long a year ago when I first had the urge to yet I sat on my potential knowing good and well what I was capable of. We are all meant to shine, and as we let our light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated in our fears, our presence automatically liberates others."- Mariam Williamson

Nicoles blog had liberated me. Giving me the courage I needed to step out and do my own, just as I doing for others now. Its almost like a chain reaction like we as humans need to see others doing things they love to give ourselves permission to do the things that inspire us. It started with ONE simple question in class. Do any of you have a blog? so for that. I thank you Nicole. I dont think you realize what that one moment did for me. It was the beginning of all of this. And hopefully as I live my life day by day the things I do and say that seem so simple, as well as the things I work toward with vigor, will inspire someone else to achieve a dream, reach a goal, or have a realization. I have a blog now but Ive got the feeling this is all going to be so much more.

0 comments

Post a Comment

;